Real Life Super Heroes and Villains

all proceeds from this site go to various charities chosen by real life super heroes and villains.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Interview #5: The Eye Crimefighter


Me: What ultimately made you become a Super Hero?


The Eye: The desire to help and protect others, from a very early age, and to do it in my own unique fashion.



Me: How did you come up with your name? 


The Eye: Since I am a certified Private Investigator, and have been doing pro bono investigations for many years, I identified early on that the theme of being an informed and skilled observer was key to being a true, real life crime fighter. I may be known for my various gadgets, owing to my background as both a senior electronics tech and inventor from my youth, but meticulous observation and evidence gathering are the cornerstones of actual crime fighting and prevention.



Me: How did you come up with your costume design? Is there any particular super hero you modeled yourself after?


The Eye: There are several fictitious crime fighters that I am styled after. The prime source, however, I have to say, is the 1960’s tv series of “The Green Hornet”, principally for the way in which he would gather evidence, and then report to his contacts in the police department, for final resolution. In many ways, traditional law enforcement’s hands are tied in the ways that they have to do things, whereas a private citizens’ are not. When the two work together in harmony, a lot more can be done to combat crime…in *any* city, anywhere. Other inspirations include characters like The Shadow, Mike Hammer, Spiderman (explaining my penchant for inventing wrist-mounted gadgets), and of course, the Dark Knight himself, Batman.



Me: As a Super Hero, what do you do?


The Eye: Firstly, I am, as I mentioned, a certified Private Investigator, who does pro bono work to help people. Secondly, I am currently the several year’s running Block Captain for the Neighborhood Watch group for our street, and am known as “The Eye” owing to my being a P.I. Due to this fact, there was no sense of awkwardness in being known as “The Eye”, as most people I know think of it more as a fitting nickname rather than as a RLSH monicker. 



Me: How many nights a week do you actually get out there? 


The Eye: Every evening during the week. And on the weekends, morning, afternoon and night.



Me: Have you ever had a run-in with the police? If so, what happened?


The Eye: No run-ins…I just work with them. I talk to the Mountain View Police spokesperson Liz Wyle quite often. In many ways, she serves as my “Commissioner Gordon”, or if you want a classic Green Hornet reference from the 60’s tv series, my “D.A. Scanlon”, as it were. If I have questions about a current case, or want more information on an event that has occurred on my watch, she is a useful source for such, so that I may pass that information along to my fellow watch members.



Me: What is your most memorable moment as a Super Hero? 


The Eye: There are many such moments, not just one. Whenever an up and coming RLSH just starting out contacts me for advice, I feel a strong sense of responsibility for what I am passing on in knowledge and experience. It is a sobering thing indeed, and I do not take it lightly.



Me: Would you encourage more people to become Super Heroes? 


The Eye: I would encourage more people to use their own unique skills and talents, whatever form they may take, to help others in any way they can. They don’t have to don a mask or cape to do it. It comes from the heart.



Me: Have you ever encountered a dangerous situation? If yes, what did you do ? 


The Eye: One night Lady Mystery (my wife and co-crime fighter) and myself were accosted by a crazed man on the streets of our city, who made an attempt to lunge towards her, and got a taste of my activated stun cane in ready position right up under his nose. Needless to say, when told to back off, he did. And we continued our homeward trek. Most times, presenting yourself as a formidable adversary is all that is needed to quell a “situation”. Always ensure that you have a tactical advantage in the streets. The idea of a “fair fight” is a myth to be dispensed with. Make sure you are the victor. This is not a game for children.




Me: Do you have a certain group of affiliation you belong to? 


The Eye: There are many Facebook groups that I belong to that are RLSH-related, but I do not belong to an actual "super group" like the Justice League or Justice Society, if that's what you mean. I prefer to work as a duo with my lady and partner in everything, Lady Mystery.




Me: What Advice would you give to a new Super Hero?


The Eye: Do what you cant to help others, not just "fight crime". I've been hailed as a hero more times for simply having a flashlight on hand at the right time than at any other time. Being prepared to render aid in the moment is far more important, and that takes many forms other than self-defense measures.




Me: How do you feel about the Super Villains?


The Eye: They are a useful counterpoint to RLSH pomposity, which can get out of hand at times. 




Me: Do you have a "arch-nemisis"?


The Eye: Not of any significance that I am aware of.




Me: Do you have anything you'd like to say to citizens, or future Super Heroes?


The Eye: Help and watch out for each other. That's it. Just find a creative way to do that, and you're a hero or heroine in my book.






Thank you for reading Interview number 5 with The Eye, I hope, as always, that you enjoyed reading it. All proceeds made off of adsense on this site go to charity. If you'd like to learn more about The Eye follow this link to his facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001999832476

No comments:

Post a Comment