Real Life Super Heroes and Villains

all proceeds from this site go to various charities chosen by real life super heroes and villains.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Interview #4: Bee Sting




Me: What ultimately made you become a Super Hero?


Bee Sting: In March of 2011 I discovered the "Real Life Super Hero" movement. At first I kind of laughed about it. Then I saw some normal, non "super hero"-looking people doing out of the ordinary and extraordinary things. My first inspiration was Sky Man.


I thought, "I can do this. I can create a persona of who I am, underneath the layers of my humdrum life, going to the core of myself, creating a new hobby out of the things I've done before = Helping people."


Me: How did you come up with your name? 


Bee Sting: Beesting was my callsign when I was in the military. It is a play on my real name.


Me: How did you come up with your costume design? Is there any particular super hero you modeled yourself after?


Bee Sting: Black and Yellow are some cavalry colors - I was in the cav. That's where much of my motif comes from. Other inspirations were Geist, and a few others.


Me: As a Super Hero, what do you do?


Bee Sting :I help profile crime in high crime areas. I set up neighborhood watch patrols, do random acts of kindness, and do homeless outreaches. I am actively involved in battered women rescue shelters - both providing them with donations and assisting families that are trying to escape their situations.


Me: How many nights a week do you actually get out there? 


Bee Sting:2-3 nights per week.


Me: Have you ever had a run-in with the police? If so, what happened? 


Bee Sting: Yes. Police usually laugh us off at first, but then they get around to asking us for help. They have been sending messages of "thank you for what you do".


Me: What is your most memorable moment as a Super Hero? 


Be Sting: That's a tough one. Probably any of the times when we have a standoff = my team is here, dealers are there. Dealers run away.


Me: Would you encourage more people to become Super Heroes? 


Bee Sting: I always encourage citizens to do their own part in their own neighborhood. Dressing up, or assuming a persona, is not necessary. It serves to draw attention to the big picture, but it can detract from the mission when it's a serious mission involving interaction with very dangerous people.


Me: Have you ever encountered a dangerous situation? If yes, what did you do ? 


Bee Sting: We conduct ourselves in a way that we are always ready for situations. When dangerous situations arise, we are usually armed and aware of our surroundings to an extent that the dangerous element rarely attempts to engage us. 


Me: Do you have a certain group or affiliation you belong to? 


Bee Sting: I am a member of the Michigan Protectors and an advisor to the Michigan Protectors Flint Chapter.


Me: What advice would you give to a new Super Hero? 


Bee Sting: Learn what your abilities are, what you need to work on, and how you can best serve as a member of a team. I would suggest that someone never patrols alone.


Me:  How do you feel about the Super villains? 


Bee Sting: Volunteers don't need anti-volunteers. There are enough real criminals out there that we have no need to share oxygen with pretend villains. Facebook's "super villain" crowd don't do anything more than bother people's personal lives. You'll never see a video of one of them doing what a super villain would be doing. They call it being 'too smart to video tape'. I call it being a coward with no moral base to stand on.


Me:  Do you have a "arch- nemisis"? 


Bee Sting: I wish I did. Someone once said they were going to rival me, but then they disappeared the next day. Oh well.


Me: Do you have anything you'd like to say to citizens, or future Super Heroes?


Bee Sting: Evil will only exist if we allow it to exist. Both apathy and criminal acts can be destroyed by citizens who are willing, capable, and eager to defend themselves.



This has been Interview #4 with the Super Hero Bee Sting. I hope you enjoyed, to learn more about Bee Sting follow the link provided Bee Sting ". All proceeds made off of Adsense on this site goes to Charity.

2 comments:

  1. An update for your interview;

    http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2012/04/burton_police_arrest_michigan.html

    -Lord Malignance

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an interesting read, but I won't post this on my interview for two reasons

    1. I didn't interview him about this

    2. I don't bash on either Super villains or Super Heroes, I simply let others see what it's like for the individuals

    But thanks anyway :) and thanks for following the blog much appreciated

    ReplyDelete