Real Life Super Heroes and Villains

all proceeds from this site go to various charities chosen by real life super heroes and villains.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Interview #2 : Crimson Catalyst


Me: What ultimaetly made you become a Super Hero? 


Crimson Catalyst: I grew up with comics, and I was always kind of tomboyish, to put it mildly. When your childhood idol is Batman, the next logical step is to embody him in some way, shape, or form. I guess? Oh, and then there's the whole 'helping people' thing. That's nice, too.


Me: How did you come up with your name? 


Crimson Catalyst: The "Crimson" part was easy. I'm a redhead, so the color red is always a common theme for me... As the Catalyst, however, I am someone who precipitates events which unfold, such as my handouts when on street patrols, and other such "good deeds." That, and it is also described as a chemical reaction. The logo on my chest is the alchemy symbol for "strong fire."


Me: How did you come up with your costume design? Is there any particular super hero you modeled yourself after?


Crimson Catalyst: I am on "tier 2" of my costume design right now. It is very practical, and functional for street patrols. It's also easy to conceal hidden armor, and gear while also not being clunky, or prone to slowing me down. My first design consisted of a painted over womens' fencing chest protector for armor, and a red full-body suit. Complete with a cape. Capes are NOT practical... Haha... I found that one out, fast. I haven't really modeled myself after any one 'hero', fictional or otherwise. But it IS quite a challenging matter of balancing 'looks' with practicality. That's what I've learned.


Me: As a Super hero, What do you do ? 


Crimson Catalyst:I hand out food, and supplies to the homeless. Often times, my meals are homecooked and prepared, by me. Then my teammates and I conduct our patrols and pass everything out. We also keep an eye out to help those we come across who may be in need; physical altercations, drunken individuals out at night who are walking alone... things like that. We just use our best judgment, and help whenever is necessary to do so.


Me: As a female super hero, do you receive any different treatement than the other super heroes?


Crimson Catalyst:Yes, I do. Women are often far more receptive to me on the streets, because I am a woman as well. When operating in a group, we each handle situations as they come. I usually fulfill the role of a peacekeeper. When I cannot do that, however, I find that I am not taken quite so seriously in combative situations... I use this to my immediate advantage.


Me: Have you ever had a run in with the police? If so, what happened?


Crimson Catalyst: We, as pedestrians, are not legally obligated to present identification to law enforcement. So long as we are operating under the law, and so long as we know our rights, we are usually not bothered. I explain what it is we are doing, placing emphasis on our charity work and community service. That has always been enough, thus far!


Me: How many nights a week do you get out there?


Crimson Catalyst: Right now, due to personal constraints, only 3-4 times a month. The rest of that time is spent coordinating routes and destinations, mapping out crime trends, keeping up on my workout & training regimen, and holding my own life together. It all sounds very complicated, and exciting, but it's really not anything special. The information I collect is always publicly accessible with relative ease; it's just applying that knowledge in a proactive manner. 


Me: What is your most memorable moment as a Super Hero? 


Crimson Catalyst: It would have to be the homeless woman I helped, at around 2 o'clock in the morning on a street corner in the freezing cold. She was in a makeshift wheelchair, and she was missing a leg. The other was wrapped in a bundle of blankets. I added one more blanket to her bundle by wrapping it around her one leg, and then knelt down before her so that I could further warm her up, by the friction of my hands. Meanwhile, my teammates were rounding up other food and supplies for her, and for other homeless people out on the streets on this VERY cold night. I will never forget the words she gave me, or her face. I'll also never forget the faces of the 15 or so people, looking out at us from the windows lining a bar just outside. Her name was Muriel. She continues to be my inspiration to this day.


Me: Have you ever encountered a dangerous sitaution? If so, what did you do? 


Crimson Catalyst: I haven't. Nothing beyond petty things, such as bar fights or other such altercations. Nothing involving guns, or knives. I've been very fortunate in the short time that I've been doing this, not to have to step in on far more dangerous circumstances; and I wouldn't rush in anyway, without first being properly geared, and trained


Me: Do you have a certain group or affiliation you belong to? 


Crimson Catalyst: I have my team, and the various other people I work with. Nothing is set in stone, though. I get us together as often as I am able to organize our meet-ups.


Me: What advice would you give to new Super Heroes?


Crimson Catalyst: Get properly geared, get trained, and watch before you do. The law is your friend. City officials are your friends. Work within the constraints you are given; the "rules" are in place for a reason. Use your best judgment, and keep yourself informed. Knowledge is the strongest weapon you have.
"Stay in school, kids. Don't do drugs." Y'know. Happy, moral shit like that.


Me: How do you feel about Super Villains?


Crimson Catalyst: They're a bunch of cutie-patooties <3


Me: Do you have a "Arch-nemisis"?


Crimson Catalyst: Cheesecake. I have a very profound love/hate relationship with cheesecake. On one hand, it's absurdly delicious. On the other, I have to do another 100 crunches to justify wolfing one down. Oh, the temptation! 8(


Me: Do you have anything you'd like to say to the citizens, or Future Super Heroes? 


Crimson Catalyst:We are as much symbols as we are citizens, ourselves. It should always be our aim to carry ourselves as such, and lead by example. It's not about fame, or however many times we've shown up in the public media. It's about helping people, and sending the message that others can do this too; with our without a cute costume. The smallest word of confidence or act of love can change someone's whole life for the better. Even today, there are dozens of very small, simple gestures someone had allotted me in my past that have me fondly reminiscing.



Thank you all for reading the second interview, with the lovely Crimson Catalyst. If you'd like to learn more about her, and what she does, follow her on face book at http://www.facebook.com/crimsoncatalyst. See you all next time here at Real Life Super Heroes and villains.

2 comments:

  1. Rlsv suck do something bad i dare you from nightterror a rlsh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Syntax:
    Catalyst Training Services


    nice blog,good design,nice information about Real Life Super Heroes and Villains

    ReplyDelete