Real Life Super Heroes and Villains

all proceeds from this site go to various charities chosen by real life super heroes and villains.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Interview #3 : Moon


Me: What Ultimately made you become a Super Hero? 


Moon: Well, back in the day I heard about this movement, in peoples magazine, I was in middle school at the time, and that kinda got the idea in my head, until I'd say about a few years later when I started going to Comic Book Conventions. I'm an active member in my church, and after every comic book convention, I would help out with the homeless handout and community outreach with my church. I started doing that while I was in costume, because I would cosplay a lot at the conventions. I wouldn't say I was a super hero then , but it was kinda my first step in coming into the community.


Me: How did you come up with your name?


Moon: Well, My persona is based off a super hero named "moon knight", he's been my favorite comic book character since I can remember. I based my name and look off of him because he is my favorite Super Hero, and I would use the character I was cosplaying as I was handing out these packages/handouts. So, I just went with it and just said "I'll choose him".


Me: As a super hero what do you do? 


Moon: When I work with my Chicago group, which contains Crimson Catalyst and Abyss,etc., we do homeless handouts and community outreach. But, when I'm alone, in my hometown, I try to do my own outreach and crime prevention. I live sort of far out from the city, so there isn't much crime, but along with some of my close friends (Who a few have security background, which is good to have), We usually do crime prevention but we also do homeless handouts, and try to do good deeds.


Me: So, do you belong to two groups? 


Moon: I don't think my friends have decided if they want to join the "super hero thing", as of now, they just want to lend a helping hand. So, I wouldn't call that persay a group, but when it comes to Crimson catalyst and the others I'd deffinetly say we are in a group. 


Me: How many nights a week do you actually get out there? 


Moon: I try to do handouts in my home town, every saturday. There are a lot of things in my life though, and a lot of things catch up with you, but I do try to do as much as possible...It varies.


Me: As a super hero, what is your most memorable moment?


Moon: I'd have to say, the first time I got into a bit of a "fight" or an arguement. I was on a flight heading down to chicago, and I was in partial gear at the time. There was this arguement between two people, and I tried to intervene, saying thing like "hey man whats up? Why are you guys fighting?". They kind of laughed at me saying "hey man get the **** away from me, this isn't halloween". I was scared at that time, I was only wearing spandex, and didnt have any armour yet. So i just took off my mask and said "hey man if you want to fight, take it somewhere else, not where there is family and all these people". They did listen to me at that moment, so I'd have to say that was my most memorable moment. That was the first time I was actually scared. I was still a "noob". 



Me: Have you ever had a run in with the police?


Moon: Yes, the first time was when some of my friends and I were removing grafitti, and I was the only one dressed up. My other friends were just wearing street clothes. Someone called the police, and they came over so we had to explain what we were doing. The only issue the police had with us was that removing grafitti was the states job, because it was on city property. So we had to go down to the station, and explain some more, but I'd say that
s the worst that has ever happened with the police.

Me: Would you encourage more people to become super heroes? 


Moon: Well, it's only for a certain group of people. I encourage others to use take action, not wait around for others to resolve the situation. But to actually dress up, go out, and fight crime..not really. You have to have a clear head, to do what we do. It's the idea that I want other people to follow.


Me: What group of people would you say is qualified to be a "Super Hero"


Moon: Well it depends, if you want to do crime prevention you should at least take self defense classes, or have a fighting background. I'd say if you have a pretty straight head and are good at that , then yeah go ahead and put on a costume ...but don't do it alone. If you want to do the charity aspect of it, which i'd say is the easiest part and the most fun, since you get great reactions from people, Id say anyone can do that. You have to be able to tolerate wearing a costume though. 


Me: What advice would you give to new super heroes, aside from training?


Moon: Team work would be number one, you have to be able to work with other people as a team. You have to understand "pressure points" within your team, I mean I know my group still has a lot to learn from each other, and we get into arguements. Im sure other teams do to, but you have to learn to work as a team. 


Me: How do you feel about the Super Villains?


Moon: I don't know much about them, but I kinda think its silly. When I first heard about Real Life Super Villains I was like "They are all a bunch of trolls online". I don't really add them, but I do like the fact that they do certain things when a super hero is acting out of line, and they basically correct them on that. That is the one aspect I like about them, but actually calling yourself a Super villain? 


Me: Would you say that crime rates have gone down, just for the fact that people know Super heroes are out there?


Moon: I'd say yeah, especially in New York city. Just people knowing that there is someone out there watching, I'm sure that sort of drives away a percentage of crime. I've never really thought about that though, but I'd say there's not a drastic change, but there is a change.


Me: Do you have anything you'd like to say to the Citizens, or Future Super Heroes?


Moon: Yeah, Super Heroes..we aren't crazy, all we want to do is to do something different in order to change the world, if its possible. Yeah it seems silly, but it's working, a lot of people respect us, a lot of people know we're out there, a lot of people give us support, and we inspire people. There may be people who say we don't help at all, but I'm sure the people we do help would say differently.




Thank you for reading Interview # 3, with the Real Life Super Hero "Moon". I hope you all enjoyed it, and remember all proceeds made off of adsense on this site go to charity :)

No comments:

Post a Comment